Long, Burnett, and Johnson, PLLC Nashville Bankruptcy Law Scholarship 2015
Are you a law student interested in practicing bankruptcy law? Then this $1,000 scholarship is for you.
Jon Long, “Buddy” Burnett, and Jennifer Johnson are proud to announce the Long, Burnett, and Johnson, PLLC Nashville Bankruptcy Law Scholarship 2015.
With this scholarship Jon, Buddy, and Jennifer are looking to help support a law student that not only shows an interest and affinity for bankruptcy law, but also mirrors the core values that Mr. Long, Mr. Burnett, and Ms. Johnson founded their practice on: compassion, empathy, and a passion for helping those who need to see breakthrough in their financial situation. Jon himself believes that helping individuals with their problems is one of the greatest callings in life for any individual and he has found that fulfillment in bankruptcy law. Jon chose helping people over pursuing money through means such as big business law, choosing to put his heart before his bottom line. And we’re looking to support a student who has that same type of heart and drive. Jon is also proud to be a first generation lawyer, having been an engineer for the first 20 years of his professional life, putting himself through law school on his own dime. So, he has a soft spot for students who don’t have a family history in law and are paving their own way, getting themselves through school on their own.
It’s these type of students that will be considered for the the Long, Burnett, and Johnson, PLLC Nashville Bankruptcy Law Scholarship.
To be eligible for the award, you must meet the following criteria:
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must have completed 1 year of law school
- Must be currently enrolled, set to enroll, or have already completed at least 1 bankruptcy course with the intention to pursue more
- 1st generation lawyer (father/mother are not lawyers)
- Demonstrate core characteristics of integrity, honesty, and hard work
- Demonstrate a level of care, compassion, and desire to help others with their problems, making their life a little better, a little less stressful, and more manageable
If you meet all of these requirements, we invite you to apply by clicking the button below.
2015 Deadline: December 1st, 2015
2016 Deadline: June 1st, 2016 (will start taking 2016 applications on Dec 2nd, 2015)